Monday, June 7, 2010

Adventures Back East

Hello All. I'm sure you have all enjoyed Chris' adventures in blogging while Lil and I have been away. Contrary to what I know you have all feared, I came home to find that the house was still standing and the power was still on and things were in decent shape. He even changed our sheets, which is very important to me, but not very important to him. When I came in the door I was surprised to find flowers, a sweet card, and best of all---he had refinished our old coffee table and replaced the knobs to surprise me.

Lily and I had a great time in Boston, then Maine, then Vermont...but it proved to be a little long to be away from Chris. The occasion for the trip was my little sister Lindsey's graduation from college in Maine. My sister Rachel, aunts, cousins, etc. went early to enjoy each other and a few days in Boston before driving up to Maine for the graduation, after which my two sisters and I drove with my Dad and step-mom Tammy to their home in Vermont for a week. I had a blast spending time with loved ones that I see so rarely these days. While in Vermont, Lily came down with a scary high fever of 104+ that wouldn't break with tylenol, motrin, and cold baths so we had a few rough days and a 2 a.m. trip to the emergency room. She had no symtoms aside from the fever and her blood work, etc. all came back normal, so all in all, after chest x-rays, urine and blood cultures, etc. it was just a really expensive way of finding out that she must have had some viral or bacterial infection. It all cleared up and she had no signs of fever shortly after coming home from the ER. While we were there we visited the Joseph Smith memorial and went to church right near his birthplace on Sunday. I was extremely grateful to be able to have the mission president there give Lily a blessing and I credit the blessing for her speedy recovery.

We missed Chris and he missed us and we are glad to be back home. I have told Chris that he now has a readership that he can't let down and so hopefully he will contintue to entertain you on the blog...actually I might make him start his own blog so you don't worry about sorting the fact from the fiction...


 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kat said...

Welcome home! What a fun trip. That is so scary about Lily's fever though. I'm glad she's all better. We'll be through SLC on June 13th. Hopefully we can get all the cousins together for a little bit. Maybe we can meet at Maggie's if she's not too busy playing bridge.

Kailee said...

Sar- it sounds like your trip was a blast- I'm so glad you could spend time with your fam. So glad Lils is okay!! Can't WAIT for our time together in Vegas!

Lindsey Montague said...

I saw Amy today, who told me all about Chris' "adventures" while you were gone. They were hilarious and it would be an awesome idea for him to have his own! VERY clever.

Isn't it great to have great-traveling babies?!

Chrystal said...

I think you guys are so fun - fact, fiction, travel, or homebound..glad to come visit the blog in all its random glory!