1. List 6 facts/habits about yourself that no one knows.
2. Tag 6 other friends and post their names at the bottom.
1. I was born with a backwards sternum, and as a child I appeared to have a large dent in my chest. I went to several specialists and nearly went under the knife until surgery was deemed unnecessary. I have met a handful of people in my life with this same condition...it's called pectus excavatum. (Mine was not nearly as severe as the one in the picture.)
2. My proudest moment to date was finishing the St. George Marathon in 2004. If anyone has ever considered running one-do it! It is an incredible experience. Funny side note-at mile 23 someone was blasting "Chariots of Fire" from a loud speaker and I burst into tears...so emotional...and looking back...so hilarious.
3.I'm a horrible logical thinker. Chris is constantly telling me I make things too hard, like adding unnecessary steps to a process, taking huge driving detours that I think are shortcuts, etc.
4.I spent a few years as a brunette and I actually felt more attractive with dark hair; however, I have this wierd identity crisis thing where I don't think I'm myself with it. I went blonder again shortly before getting married. I couldn't bear to think that one day my kids would look at my wedding album and say, " who is that dark haired lady with Dad?"
5.I have a strange fear of deep water. It's a combination of things: the unknown/the thought of getting pulled under and being far from air/visions of Jaws movies where you see the sillouette of the swimmer on the surface from the murky depths... It downright creeps me out! I would never scuba dive, and during those few minutes when waiting for the boat to come pick me up after water skiing, I can sometimes work myself into a freaky frenzy.
6. I'm a great speller.
For Fun I'll list some randoms about Chris that some may not know...
1. He is a better cook than I am...which isn't saying a whole lot.
2. He is FEARLESS; a total adrenaline junky, whether it's skiing or mountain biking. He recently came home from skiing with a tweaked knee and explained that he just had to show some younger kids what was up. He did a Rodeo 540, which he normally lands no problem, but this time he went a little too BIG and landed in a hole. He recently had an MRI to confirm what the dealio is...we are praying he doesn't need surgery.
3.He is an absolute gear snob, when it comes to skiing. He spends much time chatting with ski guys on forums, and talking with his brothers and with a guy I call "Tech Talk Tyson" on the phone...I've learned more ski terms than I ever knew existed being married to the guy.
4. He is an unbelievably caring and involved older brother. He talks to each of his three younger siblings on an almost daily basis. Once when we were dating he took me to meet his little sister and brother, Mary and Steve and we all went to a movie. My affection for him was greatly confirmed when I saw him interact with them.
5. He is extremely allergic to peanuts and also peas. We are NOT ALLOWED to keep peanut butter in the house. I thought he was just kidding when he first mentioned this...but he said one errant trace of pb left in a jelly jar could mean very bad news. I have made many a dinner...only to eat it alone because I have forgotten and put some form of pea in the mix.
6. He has a better sense of women's style than I do. He often helps me get dressed, shows me what goes together, etc.
Kailee Johnson, Courtney Stutznegger, Bill Park, Lucy Park, Pete Romney, and Marin Christensen...if you're out there